Ugh, don't you just hate it when you settle onto the lounge chair in the blistering heat and hope you get some blistering heat in a place perhaps nice company does not mention?
I was hoping for just that when I started this book. Such high hopes from my Tik Tok look and my reading of the book on Kindle Unlimited. And then, oh my, it just hits me.
THIS BOOK IS BORING!
No HEAT!
Too CLICHE!!
Even the spice was not at a level that I inferred from the description. I mean a threesome or possibly a foursome?!?! HOT and SPICY. Just the way this momma likes it. But I was disappointed.
The characters I could have never met and been perfectly fine. I am only obsessing over this one because I was irritated by how cliché it all was.
Nerdy girl check
Football stars check
Trauma in the past check
Help to overcome said fears check
Plot twist (I didn't feel like it was but perhaps) check
Happily Ever After check
Seriously - I wanted chemistry and intrigue. I got nothing. I wanted to have the climax of the storyline last more than a couple pages. But it seemed to be acknowledged and then all was well. Not realistic - just cheesy!
I am so so sad. I must find me a new book to read to forget this one even exists.

No comments:
Post a Comment