Friday, August 6, 2021

A try back at blogging!

Hello cyberworld - AGAIN!


What is this, my 3rd or 4th blog?  I grow tired of my other blogging topics and so I am trying to write about something more this time.  I tried the whole, I am a Mom of 5 who reads route and well, I could not decide between Mommy advice, reading advice, or whatever pops into my head.

And let me tell you, my head is full of a lot of CRAP!  I am trying to be a college student to earn a bigger degree (to make more money), a mom who still has very active kiddos at home, a wife who does not totally revolt my husband, a nurse who does not work all the time, and a SPICY BOOK reader.  Add to that the rest of everyday life, a pandemic, and well, yeah, everything.  That brain gets a little crowded, am I right?

I truthfully, have decided that my time when I am not doing, well, everything else, needs to be spent having fun, doing something I love.  And my hobbies go back and forth between things trendy and things old lady like (crocheting!), so I always come back to reading.  And when I say reading, I wish I could lie and say that the reading I like to do is that including epic classic novels or amazing memoirs/biographies.  


Nope - this brain likes the SPICE!!!!  Yep, just know that I like to read what many would call p*rn, or smut, or spice.  It doesn't need to be one every page or chapter and it defintiely needs to have substance.  I love those charaacters that make you think long and hard about them after you read their stories.  Or the ones that stick in your mind, making you come up with a continuation in their stories.

But alas, I am not really a writer, I am more of a book whore who loves to collect stories and then share them with people who would like to hear about them.  I cannot share these with most of my, well, more conservative, religious family.  And since, I do not prescribe to any of that, I tend to need to find people I can share it with.

Hence my obsession with the book side of Tik Tok or even better, the SPICY side of the book side of Tik Tok.  And so here we are, my first blog posting complete and I am going to write about the ones that I have read recently.  



I invite you to join me in my late forties rant on spicy books found by others, suggested to me in varying ways, and would love to hear from you if you too share this secret or not so secret obsession.

~ A very tired old lady cause she stayed up way too late to finish a trilogy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Huge hiatus - yikes!

 Hello All! I am back to my blog in the hopes to remember to submit my reviews here as well.  I have been off the reading circuit for a whil...